
how fitting that on the 1 year anniversary since we first kissed, while cleaning my room, I came across a post-it bearing these words:
Goodnight my love, goodnight
Beneath the starlight gleaming.
I wish you many nights of sweet
uninterrupted dreaming.
So kiss me love, goodnight
for though I may be leaving,
of you and I--may you and I--
forever more be dreaming
I wrote this during the height of my relationship with Christopher. I held a candle for him since I was 15, some 7 years later he told me he loved me. Then the truth came out and I learned just how well he played me. I loved him with a pure heart which he abused. Roughly a year since he reentered my life I'm nursing the wounds he left instead of sharing the love expressed above. I'll choose to remember him like this and not the coward he really is.
Goodbye my love, goodbye
may a guilty conscious keep you from pleasant dreaming

No comments:
Post a Comment